What is BCST
Bioenergetics, also known as Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy (BCST), is a wonderful yet subtle and gentle technique that relies on the body’s natural capacity to heal itself. The therapist provides support and encouragement for these natural, fluid systems to return to balance physically, mentally, and emotionally through light contact. The aim of the session is to enhance the overall health of the whole being, particularly the nervous system (NS). The NS controls all bodily functions, continuously sending and receiving information.
Because they’ve been trained for years to use keen perception abilities to detect subtle physiological changes, biodynamic Craniosacral practitioners are familiar with how an appropriately working healthy nervous system works.The practitioners’ experience in detecting areas of the nervous system that aren’t working correctly, as well as their knowledge of “always accessible health” in the body, aids the system in returning to equilibrium. This promotes more comfort and helps the body recover faster.
BCST has been known to cause a number of benefits including increased energy, better sleep quality and enhanced immune function. It promotes bodily and emotional balance, resulting in enhanced physical and mental well-being.
BCST is a type of cranial therapy that focuses on the relationship between the cranium and spinal cord. It may help with such ailments as:
- Chronic pain, such as neck and back aches, migraines and sciatic nerve discomfort.
- Spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, and other chronic inflammatory problems involving the joints.
- Grief, sadness, worry about the future, and traumatic experiences associated with the passing of loved ones.
- Respiratory issues such as asthma and chronic bronchitis.
- Slip disc, hernia, and spondylitis are common spinal problems.
- Constipation, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), anxiety, sadness, and sleeplessness are all examples of chronic stress situations that can trigger or exacerbate colitis.
- Muscular-skeletal problems like scoliosis, knock-knee, bow legs, and TMJ issues (which connect the jaw to the temporal bones).
- Dental infections, dental repairs, root canals, orthodontic treatment, dentures, and prosthetic implants which are all examples of oral health concerns.
- Chronic diseases like seasonal allergies, asthma, and infections caused due to low immunity.
- Symptoms that are unusual, nonspecific, or inexplicable include left-right imbalances, burning sensations, and bodily constriction.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), broken bones, sprains and strains, whiplash, falls, traumatic events such as car accidents or domestic assaults – all of these which causes suffering.
- Trauma and recovery after hospitalization. Support for terminal illnesses such as cancer and fatal heart diseases, as well as chemotherapy-induced trauma.
- These days, women’s health issues include as varied as irregular cycles, hormonal imbalances, gynecological diseases, conception, pregnancy and birth difficulties, postpartum depression, and chronic tiredness.
- Flat head (plagiocephaly), feeding difficulties, torticollis, colic and reflux, dehydration, learning difficulties, hyperactivity and aggressiveness are just a few of the issues that may occur with infants and youngsters.
HOW LONG IS THE TREATMENT?
The length of therapy is determined by the patient’s treatment goals. However, in only 4 to 6 sessions, one may observe a difference in their well-being and improved abilities. It’s also suggested that changes in lifestyle be made simultaneously in order to get the best results. Patients who come in without having any particular issues discover that concerns they hadn’t recognized.
BCST for pregnant mothers and newborns
Binaural beats can also be used to support pregnant women and their infants. The therapist may assist the mother in releasing emotions that are affecting her pregnancy, such as anxiety or dread. They can also help to relieve any tension in the mother’s body after the baby is born. BCST may be utilized following delivery to help moms and their newborns
BCST for children
CBT also has applications for children. The therapist can assist the youngster in releasing any negative feelings that are making them unhappy, such as sadness or anger. They may also aid in the reduction of any physical aches and pains that the kid is experiencing. BCST can provide a very relaxing and soothing atmosphere for youngsters, which might assist them to feel more at ease and secure with their own appearance.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL SUPPORTIVE CARE FOR MOTHER
- PPD (postpartum stress)
- Abscess and engorgement of the breasts.
- Episiotomy and surgical trauma management
SUPPORTING CARE FOR BABY WITH:
- Plagiocephaly (Flattened head)
- Spine Misalignment
- Issues with sucking and feeding, which could also be indications of a tongue tie issue
- Torticollis (Difficulty moving one’s neck)
- Children today have easy access to a plethora of electrical gadgets, including televisions, cell phones, tablets etc. Their nervous system is overwhelmed by radiation due to this exposure, which can lead to a variety of health problems.
BCST can assist and help address issues such as:
Milestones that have been delayed
Muscular weakness such as hypertonia and hypotonia
ADHD, learning difficulties, hyper-activity and behavioral concerns are all examples of conditions that can be treated with BCST.
Epilepsy, cerebral palsy, and sensory integration issues
BCST for animals
CBST is an excellent therapy for both people and animals. The therapist may assist the animal in releasing any feelings of worry or anxiety that are causing them discomfort. They can also assist the pet by reducing any muscular tension they may be experiencing in their body. It can be an incredibly soothing and relaxing experience for animals, which may make them feel more at ease and comfortable in their own skins.